Tonight the 15 semi finalists for Romania’s Selecția Națională were revealed during a live show on TVR 2, meaning the country is one step close to finding their Eurovision 2017 contestant!
The auditions of 71 acts were broadcast for the public every night over the last week, but tonight’s final 15 were chosen exclusively by an expert jury, consisting of former Eurovision contestants Luminita Anghel, Ovi Jacobsen and Paula Seling, as well as Adrian Romcescu and Andrei Tudor.
The 15 acts who will progress to the semi final of Selecția Națională are:
- Elizé & No Stress – Fără Bariere (Without Barriers)
- Cristina Vasiu – Set the Skies on Fire
- Tudor Turcu – Limitless
- Ramona Nerra – Save Me
- Ana-Maria Mirică – Spune-Mi Tu (Tell Me)
- Instinct – Petale (Petals)
- D-lema – Adventure
- Ilinca ft. Alex Florea – Yodel It!
- Tavi Colen & Emma – We Own The Night
- Zanga – Două Sticle (Two Bottles)
- Maxim – Adu-ți Aminte (Remember)
- Eduard Santha – Wild Child
- M I H A I – I Won’t Surrender
- Alexandra Crăescu – Hope
- Xandra – Walk On By
The semi final will air live from Bucharest on February 26th, with the final taking place the following weekend on March 5th.
What do you think of these semi-finalists? Is there a winner amongst them for Romania?
Let us know what you think!
Author: James Scanlan
Source: Eurovision Ireland
Image Source: James Scanlan