Finland begin their search for their Eurovision 2014 representative.
Following their success in reaching the Grand Final of Eurovision 2013 – Finnish National Broadcaster YLE have announced the details of their National selection process for Eurovision 2014.
Broadcaster YLE has decided to stick with the format of Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu (UMK) competition to select the Finnish Eurovision Representative for 2014.
UMK is open to musicians of all musical genres. You can submit your entry from now until the 16th of September. A professional jury will select the 12 acts that will compete in the televised heats where 8 acts will make it through to the National Final in February 2014. Like this year the winner will be decided 50/50 Jury and televote.
A brief summary of the main UMK’s submission rules –
- The songs must be previously unpublished.
- All performers must be over 16 years of age by May 17th 2014
- The composer or performer must either hold Finnish nationality or be a permanent resident in Finland
- A composer/performer can only submit one entry
- Submissions will only be accepted in a digital format.
For a comprehensive listing on the rules see the following official YLE link
Finland go in search of their second Eurovision win – following that of Lordi in 2006.
Author/Website co-founder and Editor in Chief Garrett Mulhall
Source – YLE