Following the removal of Russian members of the European Broadcasting Union, several roles across many Steering Groups have become available.
Marta Piekarska, from Polish national broadcaster TVP, has taken over the Presidency of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest Steering Group. The role was previously held by Ekaterina Orlova, from Russian national broadcaster RTR. The up to date line-up of the Steering Group is:
- Ana Maria Bordas (RTVE) (Spain)
- Carla Bugalho (RTP) (Portugal)
- Natia Mshvenieradze (GPB) (Georgia)
- Marta Piekarska (TVP) (Poland) – President
- Alexandra Redde (France TV) (France)
- David Tserunyan (AMPTV) (Armenia)
- Anja Zegwaard (AVROTROS) (The Netherlands)
- Martin Österdahl (EBU)
The Steering Group is responsible for overseeing the preparations for the forthcoming Junior Eurovision Song Contest, as well as any changes that may be implemented.
Author: Richard Taylor