Icelandic broadcaster RÚV has revealed today the ten artists and their songs competing in Söngvakeppnin – the Icelandic National Final for selecting their Eurovision representative.
To our pleasant surprise, we have two returnees: Friðrik Ómar (2008) & Hera Björk (2010)
The 10 acts competing in Söngvakeppnin 2019 are:
- Daníel Óliver – Samt ekki [En: Licky Licky]
- Elli Grill, Skaði, Glymur – Jeijó, keyrum alla leið
- Friðrik Ómar – Hvað ef ég get ekki elskað? [En: What If I Can’t Have Love?]
- Hatari – Hatrið mun sigra
- Heiðrún Anna Björnsdóttir – Helgi [En: Sunday Boy]
- Hera Björk – Eitt andartak [En: Moving On]
- Ívar Daniels – Þú bætir mig [En: Make Me Whole]
- Kristina Skoubo Bærendsen – Ég á mig sjálf [En: Mama Said]
- Tara Mobee – Betri án þín [En: Fighting for Love]
- Þórdís Imsland – Nú og hér [En: What Are You Waiting For?]
As is it mandatory to sing in Icelandic in the national selection, we will first hear Icelandic versions of the songs and in case of winning, some of them have already prepared the English version as well ( See the English titles).
As you can see, this year we have returning artists like Hera Björk who represented Iceland in 2010 with “Je ne sais quoi” (placing 19th in the Final) and Friðrik Ómar who represented Iceland in 2008 alongside Regína Ósk as Euroband with the song “This is My Life” (placing 14th in the Final).
Are you excited about the Line-up in the Icelandic National Selection for Eurovision? Will we finally see Iceland back in the Final of Eurovision?
Author: Bogdan-Stefan Fedeles