UK – You can’t keep a good man down for long and Englebert Humperdinck is set to ‘Rise Like A Phoenix‘ with his new Deluxe Album album of duets.
Following his disappointment of being second last at Eurovision 2012 ‘The Hump’ is back triumphantly with a new album of duets that will have some people surprised. Simply titled ‘Calling‘ it features duets with artists from a variety of genre and ages. Released earlier in the year, a Deluxe version of the album has been launched – possibly for the Christmas season!
Englebert has teamed up with 3 of his fellow UK Eurovision artists. A few that caught our eye were with Lulu (Eurovision 1969 Winner), Cliff Richard (Eurovision 1968 and 1973), Olivia Newton-John (Eurovision 1974) and Elton John (All round living legend).
Englebert and Lulu
They cover ‘I need you now‘ which is by the wonderful Lady Antebellum.
Englebert and Cliff Richard
The men cover the Motown classic by the Temptations ‘Since I Lost My Baby‘.
Englebert and Elton John
They decided to cover one of Elton John’s songs – ‘Something about the way you looked tonight‘
Englebert and Olivia Newton-John
The duo covered the Shirley Bassey classic ‘Never, Never, Never’.
This is actually Englebert’s 80th album and celebrates the 45th anniversary of his first #1 song ‘Please Release Me’
The full double CD playlist is as follows
01. Something About The Way You Look Tonight with Elton John
02. Since I Lost My Baby with Cliff Richard
03. Never Never Never with Olivia Newton-John
04. Spanish Eyes with Il Divo
05. Make You Feel My Love with Willie Nelson
06. I Need You Now with Lulu
07. Spinning Wheel with Gene Simmons
08. Real Love with Shelby Lynne
09. You’ve Really Got A Hold On Me with Johnny Reid
10. Release Me with Wynonna Judd
11. She Believes In Me with Kenny Rogers
12. Better with Louise Dorsey
01. Ain’t That Peculiar with Andrea Corr
02. A Certain Smile with Johnny Mathis
03. Kiss Me Honey with Tini
04. The Hungry Years with Neil Sedaka
05. It Matters To Me with Dionne Warwick
06. She with Charles Aznavour
07. After The Lovin’ with Beverley Knight
08. It’s Impossible / Somos Novios with Armando Manzanero
09. Quien Te Dijo Eso with Luis Fonsi
10. Something To Hold On To with Ron Sexsmith
11. Father And Son with Bradley Dorsey
Nostalgia doesn’t come better than this!
Author/Editor in Chief Garrett Mulhall
Source : Euroviusion Ireland