P.E.D. aka Post Eurovision Depression as it is known among the fans, has many symptoms. Since we have returned from Copenhagen we have been cross checking ourselves to see if we are suffering from this condition. What do you think?
- I have not shaved in over a week and still feel totally inadequate when I see a picture of Conchita Wurst and her #Amazing Beard! F.H.E. – Facial Hair Envy
- You now only tune into Danish TV Drama “Borgen” 4 years after everyone else – just to hear the soft tones of Pilou Asbæk for one more time.
- You cannot go past a bakery without demolishing a “Cheesecake” or two.
- If you can tear yourself away from the bakery and make it to the Supermarket you go straight to the “Cake To Bake” aisle to stock up on your Dr Oetker products.
- Forget wearing a coat when going out. You just wrap yourself in your national flag and work it!
- You expect every derelict warehouse to be utterly #Fabulous when you go inside. But ask yourself why are you trawling the docks at this time of night!
- When your friends ask to meet you for a drink later you answer “See you at Euroclub”.
- When you are at said bar you are SHOCKED to receive change back from the bar man when you buy a round of drinks.
- You always omit the number 9 and 11 from everyday life
- The biggest symptom you find is that you sign off every email at work with #JoinUs
Stay strong people. There is always YouTube, There is always the Album and of course there is always the DVD to look forward to. Before you know it you will be in Eurovision 2015 mode!
Author/Editor in Chief Garrett Mulhall
Source : Eurovision Ireland
Categories: Eurovision 2014
For me it’s tuning into Euronews and listening to the commentary in each of the languages in turn…. sad but true
Love that one Nichola. I may have to try that too
The ‘beard’ thing is beyond my skills,but everything else is true, especially the Cheesecake eating. I miss my Teo so much!
We all miss your Teo – Kath xxx