We have not heard a single note of a Eurovision song for 2014 and Bookmakers are already taking bets. Eurovision predictions for 2014 have started.
We thought we would take a closer look at some of the betting odds from one of the biggest Bookmakers – Paddy Power. They make for some interesting reading, especially when you consider that people have put their hard-earned cash on the line. With the Irish Budget just announced, who would have thought that people had disposable income about – but they have.
So what are the predictions on offer by the irish Public?
Who will represent Ireland at Eurovision 2014?
This has a mixture of people – see what you make
- Keith Hanley (Voice Of Ireland Winner) – 9/2
- Shane Filan (Former Westlife Star) – 7/1
- Johnny Logan (Eurovision Legend) – 8/1
- Mark Feehily (Former Westlife Star) – 9/1
- Jedward (Twice Eurovision Act) – 10/1
- Brian McFadden (Former Westlife Star) – 16/1
- Leannae Moore (You’re A Star Winner and Eurovision Backing Singer) – 16/1
- Brian Kennedy (Eurovision Singer) – 20/1
- Imelda May (Irish Rockabilly Singer) – 25/1
Will Ireland Qualify For the Eurovision 2014 Grand Final?
- Yes – 4/6
- No – 11/10
Who Will be the Outright Winner of Eurovision 2014?
Betting is obviously slow on this now but 3 countries have had money placed on them
- Ireland – 25/1
- France – 50/1
- United Kingdom – 66/1
When Will Ireland Win the Eurovision Song Contest Again?
How long more will Ireland have to wait for another Eurovision victory?
- 2014 – 25/1
- 2015 or 2016 – 20/1
- 2017 or 2018 – 18/1
- 2019 or 2020 – 14/1
So if we are to go on these betting odds we should have a former singer from Westlife representing Ireland and winning the contest by 2020. Can you wait that long?
Faith in the UK’s success at Eurovision does not seem to be on the rise anytime soon – according to the Paddy Power.
If you were a betting person who would you put your money on for Eurovision 2014 success?
Author/Website co-founder and Editor in Chief Garrett Mulhall
Source : Eurovision Ireland and Paddy Power