Oh you can hear the rumblings in Lithuania tonight.
After the live first semi final that I reported on I am glad to say that 3 of my Top 4 acts were announced as the Top 4 acts to make it to the Grand Final. However the Public vote and the Jury vote differed considerably. Only 2 of the public’s Top votes made it to the final.
The Public vote was as follows
- 12 points – GERAI GERAI IR MISS SHEEP
- 10 points – ELVINA MILKAUSKAITĖ
- 8 points – NERINGA ŠIAUDIKYTĖ
- 7 points – IEVA ZASIMAUSKAITĖ & GABRIELIUS VAGELIS
- 6 points – ANDRIUS POJAVIS
- 5 points – TIMOHI
- 4 points – BOŽOLĖ
- 3 points – GABRIELIUS VAGELIS
- 2 points – SAULĖS BROLIAI
However when the Jury added in their votes only 2 of the public’s choices made the Top 4 for the final.
The acts that have made the final from Semi Final 1 are – (placings where they came in the public vote in brackets)
- GERAI GERAI IR MISS SHEEP (1)
- IEVA ZASIMAUSKAITĖ & GABRIELIUS VAGELIS(4)
- BOŽOLĖ (7)
- ANDRIUS POJAVIS (5)
So as you can see the Juries played a big role in Bozole and Andrius Pojavis making the final. Elvina and Neringa must be deeply disappointed as they were 2nd and 3rd in the public vote respectively. They must have scored very badly with the jury.
Will there be a re-count?
Did the Right Songs make the final?
(YouTube Videos courtesy of LRTinklas)
The more I hear the song by Gerai Gerai ir Miss Sheep I think we could have a strong contender for Lithuanian Title and dare I say Eurovision??
Author/Website Creator and Chief Editor Garrett Mulhall