Next Sunday, the 2020 Eurovision Young Musicians was due to take place in Zagreb – however it has been postponed until a later date due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Today, we are taking a brief look back at the Irish participation in the Contest. Ireland took part a total of seven times, between 1986 and 2000 – while missing just the 1992 edition during that period. Since 2002, Ireland have not returned to the Contest.
During their seven attempts, Ireland never qualified for the Final. Here are the seven Musicians and the instruments that they played for Ireland:
- 1986: Seamus Conroy – Violin
- 1988: Dearbha Collins – Piano
- 1990: Patricia Moynihan – Flute
- 1994: Finghin Collins – Piano
- 1996: Gerald Peregrine – Cello
- 1998: Cora Venus Lunny – Violin
- 2000: Rebecca Capova – Piano
Author: Richard Taylor
Source: Eurovision Ireland