Tonight the National Selection “Ranina” started and therefore the search for Georgia’s representative in Minsk this November has begun. Ten performers will be whittled down to four semi finalists and three finalists over eleven programmes, through the next three months.
The results on a weekly basis will be decided by a three member jury. This jury will be changed every fortnight. The heats will see the children perform with an orchestra.
The following ten children will be participating:
- Giorgi Tsisakadze (13 years old)
- Tamar Edilashvili (12 years old)
- Alexander Zazarashvili (11 years old)
- Nikoloz Gogichaishvili (13 years old)
- Davit Kimeridze (12 years old)
- Nita Jakhua (12 years old)
- Anastasia Togonidze (12 years old)
- Nikoloz Vasadze (10 years old)
- Maria-Elene Bezhashvili (12 years old)
- Mariam Saginashvili (12 years old)
Georgia is the most successful country at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest, winning a total of three times. The most recent was in 2016, when Mariam Mamadashvili won with her song Mzeo.
Author: Richard Taylor