Last night ten songs competed in the first semi-final of Eesti Laul – Estonia’s selection show for Eurovision Song Contest.
From all acts only five qualified for the final in a two-round process.
- The first four qualifiers were determined by a 50-50 split between a public and jury vote.
- The 5th qualifier was chosen only by a public vote after the first four qualifiers were announced.
This year there was a great interest of the public in the show: 19 000 votes were casted in the first round and another 15 000 in the second round.
The 10 acts that sang last night were:
- Elina Born – “In or Out” [qualified]
- Carl-Philip – “Everything But You”
- Laura Prits – “Hey Kiddo”
- Leemet Onno – “Hurricane”
- Ivo Linna – “Suur loterii” [qualified]
- Lenna Kuurmaa – “Slingshot” [qualified]
- Karl-Kristjan & Whogaux feat. Maian – “Have You Now” [qualfied]
- Janno Reim & Kosmos – “Valan pisaraid”
- Ariadne – “Feel Me Now” [qualified – from public vote]
- Uku Suviste – “Supernatural”
The second semi-final of Eesti Laul 2017 will take place on Saturday 18th February, and will feature another 10 acts, while the grand final of Eesti Laul will take place at Saku Arena on 4th of March.
Author: Bogdan Stefan
Source: ERR, Eurovision Ireland