German public broadcaster NDR has announced how they will go about choosing their entry for the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm.
Ten acts will battle it out to represent their country in Unser Lied für Stockholm. A live show on February 25th, and two rounds of televoting will decide the winner. The line-up includes some of the currently most popular acts in Germany. The presenter of the show will again be Barbara Schöneberger.
The ten candidates were jointly selected by representatives of NDR, the radio stations of ARD, record companies and independent labels, and the production company Brainpool. We take a look at the songs that have been released already and give you a taster of the other artists.
The following acts will compete in the German national final:
- Avantasia – Mystery Of A Blood Red Rose
- Alex Diehl – Nur ein Lied
- Ella Endlich – Adrenalin
- Gregorian – Masters Of Chant
- Jamie-Lee Kriewitz – Ghost
- Joco – Full Moon
- Keøma – Protected
- Laura Pinski – Under The Sun We Are One
- Luxuslärm – Solange Liebe in mir wohnt
- Woods of Birnam – Lift Me Up (From The Underground)
So who are you looking forward to seeing on the national final stage?
Author : Hannah White
Source : Eurovision Ireland