#BiteUs for the Eurovision ‘Second Cherry Song Contest’ of 2014. “Oh Matron” it sounds like something from a ‘Carry On Up The Orchard’ film. Well it is not!
‘Eurovision Second Cherry’ is the great idea from Eurovision fans in the United Kingdom. Every year several months after the contest in Summer, the committee select songs that were in the national selections for some of the countries. In essence they are the “songs that got away” that possibly could have scored well at Eurovision itself.
A night of merriment and voting by fans will take place in London on November 8th. So what has the illustrious committee decided are the lucky 20 songs that will battle it out to win ‘Second Cherry 2014’. Before you ask, they could not pick a song from every country as some countries had an internal selection and could you imagine how long it would take to listen to potentially 30 songs and then vote on them in one night?
Last year’s winner was Adelen from Norway and her cheeky song ‘Bombo’.
Second Cherry 2014 Contestants
1. Belgium: Sil – What’s the time in Tokyo
2. Belarus: Elena Siniavskaya – Via Lattea
3. Denmark: Michael Rune feat. Natascha Bessez – Wanna be loved
4. Estonia: Sandra Nurmsalu – Kui tuuled pöörduvad
5. Finland: MIAU – God/Drug
6. France: Destan – Sans toi
7. Germany: Santiano – The fiddler on the deck
8. Greece: Crystallia – Petalouda stin Athina
9. Iceland: Guðbjörg Magnúsdóttir – Aðeins ætluð þér
10. Ireland: Laura O’Neill – You don’t remember me
11. Latvia: Olga & Ligo – Saule riet
12. Malta: Jessika – Hypnotica
13. Moldova: Lucia S – Frozen
14. Norway: Oda & Wulff – Sing
15. Portugal: Zana – Nas asas da sorte
16. Slovenia: Omar Naber – I won`t give up
17. Spain: Jorge González – Aunque se acabe el mundo
18. Sweden: Alcazar – Blame it on the disco
19. Switzerland: 3 For All – Together forever
20. Ukraine: Courageous – Ne Angely
So if you were voting who would be your winner?
Author/Editor in Chief Garrett Mulhall
Source : Second Cherry Song Contest 2014