Herning was hoping to host Eurovision 2014 and thought that their bid in the Boxen arena was in with a chance following the news that Parken Stadium removed itself from the race to host Eurovision 2014. Not anymore!
Orchestra Conducting giant – Andre Rieu – has just announced on his website that he is playing a concert in “Jyske Bank Boxen, Herning” on May 15th with his 60 piece orchestra. Now that is Semi Final night at Eurovision 2014 – so Herning will be Waltzing to Rieu and not Eurovision.
This surely now leaves Horsens and Copenhagen. I would be hoping for the Horsens Prison bid.
UPDATE – The ticket provider “Billetnet” is now saying that “Tickets Nolonger On Sale”
This could mean the following
- That DR has asked the promoter to remove the details of the concert until they make a full announcement on Eurovision 2014
- That Boxen have now declared that they are nolonger available to Mr Andre Rieu
- Or Mr Rieu got his dates and venue wrong on his website
According to an article written on the Danish website BT.DK , Herning/Boxen did admit that they had forgotten that the Rieu concert was scheduled for May 15th. However subsequently have said that if DR give Herning the honor of hosting Eurovision 2014, that they will provide an alternative venue for the Andre Rieu concert.
However the confusion stems from Mr Andre Rieu’s official website that announced that they were now selling tickets for his concert at Boxen on May 15th and even brought you to the ticket purchasing page.
Author/Website co-founder and Editor in Chief Garrett Mulhall
Source – Andrerieu.com and Eurovision Ireland
Categories: Denmark, Eurovision 2014 Artists, Eurovision Finals 2013
From this article on May 22: http://www.bt.dk/melodi-grand-prix/melodi-grand-prix-ups-herning-glemte-koncert-med-valsekongen
“But when BT later Wednesday contacted Georg Sørensen, CEO of Herning Exhibition Centre, there had now been contact.
– If it should happen that DR shows us the confidence to give us the opportunity to stand for the Eurovision Song Contest in 2014, there will be no calendar problems, he says
– Does this mean that you have made an appointment today to move André Rieu concert?
– Now it is only possible if we have an agreement with DR to stand for the Eurovision Song Contest. We have an agreement that there will be no problems with the calendar. If it should become necessary. So yes, we have made an agreement that the concert with André Rieu can be moved to a different time-points, if need be, says Georg Sørensen.
Hi – We have made further updates to the article. The problem is that Andre Rieu’s website is claiming he is playing in Boxen on May 15th. They need to amend that as it is now causing a lot of confusion