Cyprus is towering over its bigger brother Greece
We were all unsure if Ivi Adamou could sing live and today she answered those questions resoundingly today.
Cyprus Eurovision Song 2012
- This song always reminds me of the theme song to the children’s tv show “Lazy Town with Sportacus”
- The cheese – o- meter– It would be a great piece of Feta Cheese with a punch of chilli
- Eurovision Singer Credentials: Ivi’s vocals were amazing. She sounded very much like Taylor Dayne (80’s American Diva)
- Band: She is accompanied by 4 backing singers/dancers who all performed wonderfully
- Staging/Performance/ Routine – Cyprus have understood that you need to fill this big stage in Baku and we find Ivi standing on top of a stone based structure with her 4 backing singers/dancers adorning her. She dances in a very Grecian manner which ties in the backdrop of the very ornate latin designs. At one stage Ivi is lifted above by her 4 female dancers in a lounging pose which all looks stunning on the stage and camera. When the song hits the climax Ivi breaks into a very strong dance routine complete with the classic Eurovision Wind Machine.
Eurovision prediction alert : It is a big Euro Pop summer hit written all over it. This song has pleasantly surprised me and is running into the Eurovision finals.
Good Job Cyprus
(Video courtesy of ESCDaily)