The Eurovison world has been celebrating today as great news came from Spain. Their 2020 representative for the Eurovision Song Contest is Blas Cantó.
While we the title of the song has yet to be revealed, here are 10 facts you should know about the Spanish singer:
- Blas Cantó was born on October 26, 1991 in Ricote, a small town about 40 kilometers from Murcia.
- At the age of four, he began to take classes at the music school.
- Blas was a finalist at the 2004 Eurojunior contest.
- He studied piano and trumpet at the music conservatory.
- In 2009, Blas Cantó founded the boy band Auryn together with Álvaro Gango, Carlos Marco, David Lafuente and Dani Fernández.
- In 2011 with Auryn, he almost represented Spain at Eurovision song contest, when the band came 3rd in Destino Eurovisión.
- In 2017, Blas won ‘Tu Cara Me Suena’ (Your Face Sounds Familiar), impersonating singers like Marc Anthony, Ricky Martin and Anastacia.
- His first solo single ‘In Your Bed‘ was released on 3 March 2017.
- On 9 March 2018, Cantó released his first solo Spanish-language single, ‘Él no soy yo’ (He is not me)
- His first solo album Complicado debuted on the top position at The Spanish Album Music Charts.
Below you can watch his first solo single in English – In Your Bed
Are you excited by the news? Do you think Spain has made the right decision? Let us know in the comments section below!
Author: Bogdan-Stefan Fedeles