We’ve been waiting and waiting with baited breath, but at last today Serbian broadcaster RTS have released the names of the acts and their songs who will compete in Beovizija 2018!
One of these 17 acts will represent Serbia at the Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon this May. Below are the names of the artists and their songs – as soon as the audio is released, we’ll let you know! We’ve even translated the titles for you – some interesting song names, no? No word yet as to whether all the songs will be sung in Serbian or if any will change to English.
- Ivan Kurtić – Ni Sunca Ni Meseca (Neither Sun Nor Moon)
- Rambo Amadeus & Beti Đorđević – Nema Te (You’re Not There)
- Boris Režak – Vila (Spirit)
- Danijel Pavlović – Ruža Sudbine (Rose of Destiny)
- Sanja Ilić i Balkanika – Naša Deca (Our Children)
- Srđan Marijanović – Bar Da Znam (At Least I Know)
- Osmi Vazduh i drugari – Probudi Se (Wake Up)
- Dušan Svilar – Pod Krošnjom Bagrema (Under the Canopy of the Acacia)
- Saška Janković – Pesma Za Tebe (A Song For You)
- Biber i DJ Niko Bravo – Jutros (Svatovi) (This Morning (Wedding Party))
- Koktel Balkan – Zato (So)
- BASS – Umoran (Tired)
- Lana i Aldo – Jača Sam Od Svih (I’m Stronger Than Everyone)
- Sevdah Baby – Hajde Da Igramo Sada (Let’s Dance Now)
- Maja Nikolić – Zemlja Čuda (Wonderland)
- Lord – Samo Nek Se Okreće (Just Turn Around)
- Igor Lazarević – Beži Od Mene (Gett Off Of Me)
As you’ve probably noticed, Rambo Amadeus is taking part – he previously sang Euro Neuro for Montenegro in Baku in 2012, but didn’t qualify for the final. Will he have better luck this time?
Beovizijia will take place at the Sava Centre in the Serbian capital Belgrade sometime during February 2018. So watch this space!
What do you think? Which song are you most looking forward to hearing? Is there a 2nd winner for Serbia among them?
Let us know what you think!
Author: James Scanlan
Image Source: Wikipedia.