The EBU has announced the names and profiles of the 5 jury members that will be voting at Eurovision. You can find the full list of names on the Official Eurovision Site HERE
You may recognise some of the names on the list of Jury members across Europe this year
- Inga & Anush who represented Armenia in the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest with Jan Jan
- Nigar Jamal won the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest as part of the duo Ell/Nikki
- Yohanna came second for Iceland in 2009 with Is It True
- Charlie McGettigan won the 1994 Eurovision Song Contest together with Paul Harrington
- Liam Reilly represented Ireland in 1990 with Somewhere In Europe
- Nelly Ciobanu represented Moldova in 2009 with Hora Din Moldova
- Stefan Filipović represented Montenegro in 2008 with Zauvijek Volim Te
- Ruth Jacott represented The Netherlands in 1993 with Vrede
- Marlayne represented The Netherlands in 1999 with One Good Reason
- Ivan Broggini is part of Sinplus who represented Switzerland in 2012
- Carrie Grant was part of Sweet Dreams, the band representing the UK in 1983
The 5 jury members for Ireland are
Ireland Jury Member 1 / Chairperson Patrick Hughes male 20-02-68 General Manager Sony Ireland With Sony Records Ireland for the last 12 years first as Marketing Director and subsequently General Manager since 2007.
Ireland Jury Member 2 Charlie McGettigan male 07-12-50 Singer/Songwriter Singer Songwriter Recording artist and entertainer living in Drumshanbo. Co Leitrim. Won the Eurovision Song Contest with Paul Harrington in 1994. Songs have been covered by people like Maura O Connell, Frances Black, Hal Ketchum and many more.
Ireland Jury Member 3 Leanne Moore female 24-07-84 Singer/ Journalist / Presenter Leanne?s musical career kicked off in 2008 when she won RTE?s Your a Star competition. In June 2008 Leanne had a Number one single with ?On Wings?. Leanne has represented Ireland as part of a Eurovision act three times.
Ireland Jury Member 4 Jenny Greene female 08-04-82 DJ/ Radio Presenter Jenny Greene is one of Ireland?s most successful DJs. She also presents one of Ireland’s biggest radio shows with co-host Nicky Byrne Monday to Friday on RTÉ 2fm. Her Electric Disco Tour is the most in-demand club booking in the country.
Ireland Jury Member 5 Liam Reilly male 29-01-55 Singer/ Songwriter Liam has been a member of one of Ireland’s super groups Bagatelle for more than 30 years and has represented Ireland at Eurovision both as a singer in 1990 when he came 2nd and as a songwriter in 1991.
Good choice of Jury members across Europe?
Author/Editor in Chief Garrett Mulhall
Source : Eurovision.tv