NRK, the Norwegian national broadcaster, have announced that the 2022 Melodi Grand Prix Grand Final, will take place on Saturday 19th February. Five Semi Finals will take place beforehand, on the following dates:
- Semi Final 1 – 15th January
- Semi Final 2 – 22nd January
- Semi Final 3 – 29th January
- Semi Final 4 – 5th February
- Semi Final 5 – 12th February
The song submission period is open until Wednesday 15th September. Interested applicants must comply with the following:
- It is encouraged that registered entries have at least one Norwegian songwriter, as MGP wants to prioritize and promote Norwegian music life.
- Each producer/songwriter can sign up for a maximum of three songs.
- Everyone can sign up for songs, but artists must be 16 years old to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest.
- Songs must exceed 3 minutes in length and cannot have been commercially released before September 1st
Author: Richard Taylor