DR, the Danish national broadcaster, have announced that the 2022 Dansk Melodi Grand Prix will take place on Saturday 5th March. Like previous years, the Contest will be a one night affair and will feature eight Acts.
The song submission period for interested applicants has now opened and will close on Friday 29th October. Interested applicants must comply with the following:
- Either a composer, lyricist or performing artist must be a Danish citizen or have a similar connection to Denmark e.g. residence in Denmark or married to a Dane.
- Those living in the Faroe Islands and Greenland are also eligible to compete.
- All songs must be original and have not been played at public venues or be available online.
- Composers and lyricists can submit multiple entries.
- Lyrics must not contain political messages, swear words or other unacceptable language.
- All songs that meet the competition criteria will be evaluated by a professional jury set up by DR. The final decision of the jury cannot be appealed.
- Until DR reveal the song titles and writers of the chosen entries, those involved are not allowed to reveal any details of their entries.
- All vocals must be performed live during the Dansk Melodi Grand Prix final.
Author: Richard Taylor