Swedish composers have the midas touch when it comes to songs at Eurovision. Today saw the announcement of the 6 artists who will contest the Spanish Eurovision national selection SEE HERE.
One of the artists is Xuso Jones and he has enlisted the support of Andreas Öhrn and Peter Boström who have composed and produced his entry.
Peter Boström is no stranger to Eurovision and has won the contest as he co-wrote Loreen’s 2012 monster hit ‘Euphoria’. However it is not his only entry that has made it the Eurovision Grand Finals.
- “Stay” the Norwegian entry in Eurovision Song Contest 2012 by Tooji (Placed 26th and last in the final with 7 points)
- “Euphoria”, the Swedish entry in Eurovision Song Contest 2012 by Loreen (winner with 372 points)
- “Amanecer” the Spanish entry in Eurovision Song Contest 2015 by Edurne (Placed 21st in the final with 15 points)
- “Popular” The Swedish entry in Eurovision Song Contest 2011 by Eric Saade (3rd Place with 185 points – as producer)
He has also composed many other songs that narrowly missed out on Eurovision
- “Headlines” by Alcazar
- “Manboy” and “Sleepless” by Eric Saade
- “In the Club” and “Amazing” by Danny Saucedo
- “We Own the Universe” by Daze for Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2013
Andreas Öhrn is a singer songwriter and member of the Swedish electronic band Gravitonas which consists of Andreas Öhrn and Alexander Bard from Army Of Lovers and BWO fame. They have found success in Scandinavia and countries of the Former USSR. They even managed to go Top 20 in America with their song ‘Everybody Dance’ with Russian singer Roma Kenga.
So can we expect a major dance track from Xuso in the Spanish National selection? I would say there is a high chance of that happening. This could be one to watch! The song will be released in the coming days
Author/Editor in Chief Garrett Mulhall
Source : Eurovision Ireland