ESTONIA : Stig Rästa Versus Sanna Nielson for Eurovision Persistence
Game On! Last year we all remember the Sanna Nielson’s 7 times trying to get to Eurovision and eventually the happy ending with victory at Melodifestivalen and a 3rd place finish in Copenhagen with ‘Undo’.
Well last night saw Estonia select their entry for Eurovision 2015 in the final of Eesti Laul 2015.
It was a close run race but in the end the winners were Elina Born & Stig Rästa with their charming yet melancholic ‘Goodbye to Yesterday’.
Well by our counting Mr Stig Rästa has plenty to celebrate! Last night was his NINTH attempt to represent Estonia at Eurovision! That sort of knocks the shine off Sanna’s call to action “7 Times A trying”
So here is Stig Rästa’s Eesti Laul/Eurovsion journey to eventual success!
- Twice he performed as part of the band Slobodan River
- Four times he performed as part of the band Traffic
- Once he performed as Outloudz
- Once he was songwriter for Elina Born in the National Selection
- Once as part of the WINNING duet of Elina Born & Stig Rästa last night that sees him go to Eurovision AT LAST!
9 times a charm in Estonia don’t you know!
Will his persistence pay off and possibly bring a second win to Estonia at Eurovision?
Let us know.
Author/Editor in Chief Garrett Mulhall
Source : Eurovision Ireland