LITHUANIA – LRT (Lithuanian National Broadcaster) confirmed today that there were “voting irregularities” in their recent elimination round in the search for their Eurovision 2014 representative.
Last Saturday saw the remaining 5 contestants take to the stage to perform 2 songs. The standard process sees the jury members vote and then add the public vote to give an overall score. All is usually done on live on the show. However LRT decided to incestigate the public vote that had seen Martynas Kavaliauskas go from last place with the judges to second place with the public.
In an investigation that took place yesterday, LRT advised that 677 tele votes of Kavaliauskas’ 1,332 total, were allegedly found to be “irregular votes” and as a result his tele vote was amended to be 655. When combined with his jury votes, LRT have announced that he is now the lowest scoring of the 5 acts and thus eliminated from the show.
LRT Confirmed that the valid results from last Saturday’s show are as follows
- Mia 1,355 (televotes) / 12 jury votes
- Vilija Matačiūnaitė 1,302 (televotes) / 10 jury votes
- Vaidas Baumila 1,113 (televotes) / 8 jury votes
- Monika Linkytė 1,079 9televotes? / 7 kury votes
- Martynas Kavaliauskas 655 (televotes)* / 6 jury votes
* Votes amended from (1,332 less 677 “irregular votes”)
This result now means that Mia, Vilija, Vaidas and Monika progress to the last 4.
Author/Editor in Chief Garrett Mulhall
Source : LRT