After each Eurovision contest, we have fans that love the new winner and we have fans that complain about it. It happens all the time, and this year is no exception. As a fan that started watching the contest way back in 1994, I think I have a clear picture of what this contest is about. Here are my top 6 reasons why Italy deserved to win the 2021 Eurovision Song Contest.
- From start to finish, Måneskin’s performance was more like something you would expect from a concert not a contest.
- The band had high energy on the stage and each member was highlighted in the performance.
- Even without knowing Italian, you could feel the passion whilst Damiano’s connenction with the camera was infectious.(Complain as much as you like that your favourite didn’t do well, but without a great camera work to highlight this connection, the televoters won’t vote!) What you couldn’t understand with words, the gestures and the facial expressions told the real story.
- The whole performance seemed natural, unforced, and this song made you feel something (be it only the gorgeous rock beat).
- The outfits suited the image of a rock band.
- The audience could clap along to the beat.
There you have it dear reader. This is my honest opinion and I am thrilled that an authentic act (not one put together clumsily) won this amazing competition that we all love.
Congratulations Måneskin (lead vocalist Damiano David, bassist Victoria De Angelis, guitarist Thomas Raggi, and drummer Ethan Torchio) and can’t wait to see what you do next!
Author: Bogdan-Stefan Fedeles