Eurovision 2014 is fast approaching and there are key milestone dates in the run up to the contest in Copenhagen next May. These dates will decide how many countries we will have in next year’s contest. Here are a list of some of these dates that fans will find interesting
Eurovision 2014 Milestone Dates
- November 22nd 2013 – Deadline for National Broadcasters to apply for participation at Eurovision 2014
- December 15th 2013 – Latest date for National Broadcasters to withdraw from the contest with no financial consequences
- January 1st 2014 – Latest date to request dispensation from the compulsory televoting at the Eurovision Song Contest
- January 31st 2014 – Latest date for participating National Broadcasters to publish details on its National Eurovision Website of the rules of its National Selection process and the rules and criteria used for their National televoting
- March 17th 2014 – Meeting of the Heads of Delegation for participating National Broadcasters in Copenhagen to submit their entries for Eurovision 2014
- April 5th 2014 – Participating National Broadcasters to submit their entry fees to the EBU
- April 15th 2014 – National Broadcasters to provide the EBU with the names and biographies of their 5 Jury members and their 5 back up Jury members
So the first big date will be November 22nd when all National Broadcasters must have applied to participate at Eurovision 2014. So expect many countries to announce their plans for Eurovision 2014 over the next 9 days.
Stay tuned to Eurovision Ireland and we will bring you the details as they are released.
Author/Website co-founder and Editor in Chief Garrett Mulhall
Source : Eurovision Ireland and EBU
Categories: Eurovision 2014