Turkey – Eurovision 2010 Turkish representatives maNga will take another bite of a Song Contest. The MTV winning Turkish rockers who came second at Eurovision in 2010 with their song ‘We Should Be The Same’ are back for more.
This time however they will be the Turkish (TRT) representatives at the ABU TV Festival. The ABU TV Festival is a song contest based on the Eurovision Song Contest. The format consists of two shows, a Radio Song Festival and TV Song Festival, organised by the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU).
Participating countries which have full or additional ABU membership are invited to submit a song to be performed in front of a live audience. The radio festival is a competitive show with a panel of judges determining the top-5 prize winners, and is broadcast via live radio. The television festival which is a non-competitive, musical gala presentation, is live recorded so that each of the national broadcasters may add subtitles in their native languages.
So far 12 countries have announced their participation and for the first time Turkey will be entering the contest – due to take place on the 25th of October 2014 at The Venetian Theatre in Macau, China.
The 12 countries that are confirmed so far are
- Australia – SBS – Dami Im – Super Love/Gladiator
- Brunei – RTB – Md. Hawzan Bin Hj – Awg Madial (Hear Me)
- China – CCTV
- Hong Kong – TVB – Fredrick Cheng
- Indonesia – Tere Cia – Dimana Hatimu (Where is Your Heart?)
- Japan – NHK
- Macau – TDM – 刃記 (Blademark) – Heartcore
- Maldives – IBC – Mariyam Unoosha – Heaven on Earth
- South Korea – KBS – Girl’s Day
- Thailand – NBT – Jetrin Wattanasin – 7th Heaven
- Turkey – TRT – Manga – Fazla Aşkı Olan Var Mı? (Does Anyone have love spare?)
- Vietnam – VTV – Nguyen Thi Ngoc Anh – Xuan van sang dieu ki (Spring still comes magically)
This is now the second contest that TRT (Turkish National Broadcaster) will participate in along with Turkvision later in the year.
Author/Editor in Chief Garrett Mulhall
Source : Benny Simenjuntak
Categories: Eurovision 2014, Turkey, Turkvision
Tell Us What You Think!