PBS, the Maltese national broadcaster, have announced details for their 2023 Eurovision Song Contest national selection – Malta Eurovision Song Contest (MESC).
MESC will see Quarter Finals return to the national selection, along with the usual Semi Final and Grand Final. Each Quarter Final will see ten songs reduced to six going forward. The Semi Final will see twenty four songs reduced to sixteen going forward to the Grand Final.
Song submissions for MESC will open on Monday 17th October, before closing swiftly two weeks later on Monday 31st October.
The dates of MESC 2023 are as follows:
- Quarter Final 1 – Friday 13/01
- Quarter Final 2 – Friday 20/01
- Quarter Final 3 – Friday 27/01
- Quarter Final 4 – Friday 03/02
- Semi Final – Thursday 09/02
- Grand Final – Saturday 11/02
Author: Richard Taylor