ORF (Austrian National Broadcaster) has appointed the last key member of their Eurovision 2015 team. The position that had been vacant was that of ‘Event Manager For the Eurovision Song Contest 2015’.
The former ORF Communications Director Pius Strobl will now step into the role of ‘Event Manager’.
ORF-General Alexander Wrabetz said of the appointment of Mr Strobl as ‘Event Manager’
“Strobl has been in the field of event management and has extensive experience. He has organized some great events in Vienna and larger operations managed during his ORF-time. He has major project experience as well as experience with on-and off-air events in Vienna and strong experience and knowledge of ORF and ORF-conditions.”
Strobl will be employed for a 10 month period by ORF for the contest and he will report directly to Executive Producer Edgar Böhm .
What will Mr Strobl’s responsibilities be?
According to Mr Wrabetz
“Everything that is not directly to do with the ORF-Show….Side-Events, Public Viewing, Hospitality, the press center for international journalists, accreditations, security, logistics, transport concept , shuttles, Volunteers.”
So who will be heading up Eurovision 2015
- Executive Producer for Eurovision 2015 will be Mr Edgar Böhm, Head of Entertainment at ORF.
- Producer of the Television show will be Mr Stefan Zechner.
- Event Manager Will be Mr Pius Strobl.
- Legal Advisor will be Mr Martin Szerencsi.
- The Line Producer of the event will be Mr. Stefan Wöber.
- Technical Manager will be Mr Claudio Bortoli who was technical manager for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
- Head of Press for Eurovision 2015 will be Mr Roman Horacek.
With the EuroVillage details announced yesterday it is a green light for Eurovision 2015.
Author/Editor in Chief Garrett Mulhall
Source : OE24