Who is going to win the public vote in the Melodifestivalen 2013 final? As the final heat too took place last Saturday, all songs were made available on i-tunes and the Top 50 Chart in Sweden has no fewer than 18 of the Melodifestivalen competing songs taking up residency! So who were the big winners and could they be an indication of who may win on March 9th?
1. Sean Banan – Copacabanana
2. Behrang Miri – Jalla Dansa Sawa
3. Ulrik Munther – Tell the World I’m Here
4. Robin Stjernberg – You
5. YOHIO – Heartbreak Hotel
6. Ralf Gyllenhammar – Bed On Fire
8. Louise Hoffsten – Only the Dead Fish Follow the Stream
9. State Of Drama – Falling
10. Anton Ewald – Begging (Single version)
11. Erik Segerstedt & Tone Damli – Hello Goodbye
14. Ravaillacz – En Riktig Jävla Schlager
17. David Lindgren – Skyline
18. YOHIO – Heartbreak Hotel (EP)
19. Martin Rolinski – In And Out of Love
20. Sean Banan – Copacabanana (Album version)
22. Ralf Gyllenhammar – Bed On Fire (Album version)
24. Anton Ewald – Begging
28. Robin Stjernberg – You (Single version)
30. Louise Hoffsten – Only the Dead Fish Follow the Stream (Single version)
36. Caroline af Ugglas – Hon Har Inte
37. Army of Lovers – Rockin’ the Ride
40. Ulrik Munther – Tell the World I’m Here (Single version)
42. State Of Drama – Falling (Single version)
43. Eddie Razaz – Alibi
44. Terese Fredenwall – Breaking the Silence (Radio Version)
45. Mary N’diaye – Gosa
Sean Banan leads the way in the charts and has 2 versions of the song in the charts as does Yohio and Ulrik Munther to name a few. Sean Banan taking the #1 place is an indication of how the Swedish public maybe inclined to vote. The question as to how the Juries will vote will be a different mater all together. One gets the distinct feeling that the Juries will be liking Yohio and Ulrik. So the potential question is who will have the ear of the Jury and will their lead be so much that the public vote may cause a difference between Jury and the Public. When the Public Vote fails to win Melodifestivalen it is met with considerable astonishment with the public – one needs to look at 2008 for a prime example.
This weekend sees the Second Chance Round and an appearance from Jedward. If one was to look at the download charts again then one would say that Behrang Miri – “Jalla Dansa Sawand” and Robin Stjernberg – “You” are strong contenders to take a Grand Final place.
(YouTube Video Courtesy of alcagr)
Swedish media channels are predicting a battle between Ulrik Munther and Yohio for the Melodifestivalen 2013 crown. Ulrik is the “pin up boy” on many a young persons bedroom wall.
(YouTube Video Courtesy of 2010escmelodi)
However this year at Melodifestivalen there has been a distinct move from the pure dance songs to those of a more guitar and rock sound. None other than Yohio personifies this. With rumors abound as to their Grand Final performance – this could be the song to watch on the night.
(YouTube Video Courtesy of Roly Vazquez)
Mixed views across many fan sites as to the songs in the Grand Final this year – and a distinct lack of any previous Eurovision Star – has left many fans wanting more from Melodifestivalen. However one looks at this as the “Changing of the Guard” in Sweden. We would have thought that many of Sweden’s Musical Royalty would have wanted to represent the Home Side in Malmo. Not long to go now in one of Europe’s most watched national finals
Source – I Tunes Charts and Eurovision Ireland