Bonnie Tyler will be awarded “The Gold Badge Award” from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors (BASCA).
Each year, BASCA presents their Gold Badge Award to individuals who have made a significant contribution to the British music industry including artists, executives, session musicians, producers, managers, orchestrators and broadcasters.
Robert Ashcroft, Chief Executive of PRS for Music said: “The Gold Badge Awards celebrate those from across the business, who through their professional endeavours, benefit the work of songwriters and composers. Film production, art work, industry and legal support to management and performance all have a crucial part to play in keeping British music on a global stage. The recipients this year are all worthy winners and I’m delighted we have the chance to celebrate and recognise their contribution.”
The recipients this year are :
- Singer Bonnie Tyler (It’s a Heartache, Total Eclipse of the Heart, Holding Out For a Hero)
- Bill Wyman – Member of The Rolling Stones and Singer/Songwriter
- Artist Roger Dean (album covers for Yes, Asia, Uriah Heap)
- Musician, DJ and filmmaker Don Letts (The Clash Westway to the World)
- Producer Mike Vernon (John Mayall, Fleetwood mac, Ten Years After)
- Musician, arranger and film composer John Scott
- Jazz trumpeter and bandleader Guy Barker
- Opera soprano Jane Manning
- Music Publishers CEO (2006-2013) Stephen Navin
- Radio DJ Johnnie Walker
- Chairman and CEO of the Association of Independent Music (1998-) Alison Wenham
- Solicitor, manager and business adviser James Wyllie
Tyler may not have won Eurovision but she is definitely proving that the contest can put you back in the public eye. Now where is my “Blue Peter Badge”!
Author/Website co-founder and Editor in Chief Garrett Mulhall
Source : VVN Music and Eurovision Ireland